The School of Graduate Studies administers the following awards for research, creative activities, and professional development. Awards may range from $250-$500 or higher, depending on availability of funds.
Research / Creative Activities and Professional Development
- Domer Research Award: This award was established to provide assistance for thesis research and/or scholarly activities.
- Zigli Research Award: This award was established to support graduate students engaged in research/scholarly activities.
- OSR Research Grant: This grant is designed to fund costs associated with outside the classroom, faculty-mentored, student-based research projects or creative endeavors. The Office of Student Research also offers travel grants for students to present at meetings or conferences.
Teaching, Research / Creative Activities and Service
- Outstanding Thesis Awards: To recognize outstanding research or creative activity by students who have completed master's theses in the previous calendar year. Awards are made in the following categories: Social Science / Education; Arts / Humanities; Science / Technology.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award: To recognize graduate students who excel as instructors in undergraduate classes during the current academic year. Up to three awards are made each year.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Service Award: To recognize graduate students who have contributed to graduate student life in their departments, off-campus cohorts, or on campus during the current academic year.
Awards Open to Both Faculty and Students
- Wachovia Award: To recognize and award faculty and/or graduate students for research related to environmental concerns for the region served by the University.