Awarded to a graduate student who has performed exemplary service in the interest of graduate education at Appalachian State University. Nominations are accepted each year, but are judged compared to all nominees and past recipients. Thus, the award is not necessarily given each year. Awards for currently enrolled students will be processed via Student Accounts. Students who have graduated will receive a check in the mail.
Nomination by Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Materials by Monday, February 20, 2023
Email Nominations to: Dr. Ross Gosky with SUBJECT LINE: Outstanding Graduate Student Service Award
Eligibility for Nomination
Any currently enrolled degree-seeking graduate student at App State.
Nominated students will be informed of the nomination and invited to submit an application, which will include supporting materials and up to three letters of support.
The service activity must have occurred during the student's current graduate career. The service activity cannot be connected with degree requirements or assistantship duties--in other words, the nominee should not have received a grade or a stipend for any part of the activity. The service activity must benefit or significantly enhance graduate education at App State.
Cratis D. Williams Graduate School
- 2021-2022: Katherine Uva, MBA
- 2020-2021: Rachel Nelson, Educational Leadership
- 2019-2020: Jeff Miller, Engineering Physics
- 2018-2019: Kelly McCallister, Educational Leadership
- 2017-2018: Cheryl Nickel, Psychology
- 2016-2017: Brooke Hardin, Educational Leadership
- 2015-2016: Not given
- 2014-2015: Willard Watson III, Appalachian Studies
- 2014: Samuel Luke Tunstall, Mathematics
- 2013: Arshad Bashir, Educational Leadership
- 2012: Atul Bhula, Business Administration
- 2011: Rebecca Jones, Appalachian Studies
- 2010: Erin Miller, Curriculum and Instruction
- 2008, 2009: Not given
- 2007: Lari Garren, Mathematical Sciences
- 2006: Richard Fulton, Human Development and Psychological Counseling