Completing a Degree or Certificate
All students must submit an application to graduate from a degree or certificate program --- you had to apply to get in, and you have to apply to get out! Submit your application online by logging in to AppalNet and following THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Please READ the instructions carefully, and keep the following tips in mind:
- Submit your application(s) by the posted deadline. Make sure to select the term in which you will have completed ALL program requirements.
- If you are graduating from multiple programs (e.g., a degree and a certificate) you MUST submit a separate application for EACH program, including if you have pursued multiple concentrations within the same major.
- You will be charged an application fee for each diploma. You will receive a diploma for each certificate or degree (except in the case of multiple concentrations, because the concentration isn't reflected on the diploma). An easy way to double check is to look at your DegreeWorks record: If there are multiple codes in the "Degree" drop-down box, that is the number of programs from which you must apply to graduate. If you don't apply, you will not be audited and cleared for graduation.
- If you are completing a dual degree program, you must submit an application to graduate from each of the component degrees (e.g., if you are completing the MBA/MPA dual degree, you must submit two applications to graduate--one for the MBA and one for the MPA).
- Check everything carefully, especially where you can specify your middle name or initial for your diploma and where you can specify the mailing address for your diploma.
- Don't forget to submit when you get to the end. If you do submit and you realize later that you typed something wrong, contact the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you discover that you applied for an earlier term than the one in which you'll actually complete your program (e.g., you applied for May but won't graduate until August), send an email to email@example.com and ask to have your graduation application removed so you can apply for a later term.
More information about graduation and commencement for degree seeking students.
Questions? Contact the Graduate Records Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org).