Ready to apply for graduate study at Appalachian? Simply go to the online form linked at the bottom of this page. You can use the form to apply for:
- Graduate Degree Programs offered by Appalachian on- or off-campus, including master's, specialist, and doctoral degrees
- Graduate Certificate Programs offered by Appalachian on- or off-campus
- First-Time Graduate Non-Degree or Licensure Enrollment (including summer workshop participants seeking graduate credit) on- or off-campus
Been a student at Appalachian before?
- Returning Graduate Student:
- If you graduated from a degree or certificate program your student enrollment was formally ended when you graduated, so you must submit a new graduate admission application in order to establish a new student status.
- If you were admitted and enrolled as a graduate degree or graduate certificate student in the last seven years but did not graduate and you are wanting to return to complete your program, you may request to resume your enrollment via the application for readmission process. Note that you must return under the same classification and the same program (for example: Master of Arts in Higher Education) in which you were previously enrolled. Please send Anna Basnight (email@example.com) a re-enrollment request email with the subject line: request for readmission. In your email, make sure to indicate your current/most recent graduate program, last academic term attended, and whether you were enrolled on main campus, off-campus, or online. The School of Graduate Studies will contact you concerning your next step once your email request has been received.
- If you were enrolled as a graduate non-degree student in Fall 2018 or a more recent term, then you may be eligible for readmission. Please send Anna Basnight (firstname.lastname@example.org) a re-enrollment request email with the subject line: request for readmission.
- Returning (former) Undergraduate: If you were an Appalachian undergraduate and wish to return as a graduate student (non-degree, licensure, degree or certificate enrollment), you must complete the online graduate admission application. A datasheet is not sufficient.
- Adding a Certificate or Changing Majors: If you are currently enrolled in a degree program and wish to add a certificate, add licensure, or change your major, you can request this consideration through the Graduate School. There is no need to complete the admission application.
The Application for Graduate Study
The online admission application is quick and easy if you prepare ahead. First you will need to create an account, choosing a username and password (6-20 characters with one number and one special character). We strongly encourage you to read the directions for preparing your application (listed below) before entering the on-line application site.
- Degree (master's, specialist, doctorate) Program Instructions
- Certificate Program Instructions
- Licensure Applicant Instructions
- Non-Degree Applicant Instructions
International applicants should also read through Special Information for International Applicants.