You are considered a new applicant if you are applying to an App State graduate degree or certificate program in which you have not been previously enrolled.
If you are an undergraduate student at App State, you may already be enrolled in a program that provides an opportunity to get your master's degree in as little as one year with Accelerated Master's Program.
The following steps are required to complete an application for all master's degrees, graduate certificates, specialist and doctoral programs.
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee online.
- Provide three references.
- Upload your current resume or vita.
- Submit unofficial transcripts from institutions where you have earned a degree(s) (bachelors or higher) and/or are currently enrolled in-progress of a degree.
Note: If you submit your application in your FIRST non-degree term, you may request to have your application fee waived; this is considered on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed. Transcripts from your non-degree application should be automatically applied to your degree/certificate application.
First-time graduate degree or certificate applicants should review the admission deadlines for fall, spring and summer admission.
Program Specific Supplemental Application Materials
Some programs require applicants to submit supplemental materials as part of their application. These may include:
- Official test scores from the appropriate standardized test (GRE, GMAT, MAT). Waivers are available for certain programs.
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- Proof of licensure
- Observation hours
- Writing sample
View your program of interest for a list of required supplemental application materials.
Contact Graduate Admissions at 828-262-2130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.