You are considered a new applicant if you are applying to an Appalachian State graduate degree or certificate program in which you have not been previously enrolled.
If you are an undergraduate student at App State, you may already be enrolled in a program that provides an opportunity to get your master's degree in as little as one year with Accelerated Admissions.
The following steps are required to complete an application for all master's degrees, graduate certificates, specialist and doctoral programs.
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee.
- Provide three references.
- Upload your current resume or vita.
- Mail official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities you have attended to:
Cratis D. Williams Graduate School
287 Rivers St
Boone, NC 28608
Program Specific Supplemental Application Materials
Some programs require applicants to submit supplemental materials as part of their application. These may include:
- Official test scores from the appropriate standardized test (GRE, GMAT, MAT). Waivers may be available for certain programs.
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- Proof of licensure
- Observation hours
- Writing sample
View your program of interest for a list of required supplemental application materials.