You are considered an international applicant if you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Learn more about international admission at App State.
Recommended Application Completion Deadlines
- December 15 for spring entry, February 15 for summer entry and May 15 for fall entry.
- Unless you are applying for a program with a February 1st deadline, in which the application must be complete by February 1st.
The following steps are required to complete an application for all master's degrees, graduate certificates, specialist and doctoral programs.
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee.
- Provide three references.
- Upload your current resume or vita.
- Submit official scores from the appropriate standardized test (GRE, GMAT, MAT). Test waivers may be available for certain programs.
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
Cratis D. Williams Graduate School
Attn: Victoria Carlberg
287 Rivers St
Boone, NC 28608
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
- Submit test scores from either TOEFL or IELTS. The test date must be within two years of the date of application.
- Successful completion of the AppELS Institute program is recognized in lieu of the English test requirement.
- The TOEFL / IETLS can be waived for students who have attended a school in the U.S.
Students may use this form to apply for an evaluation of a foreign transcript at a discounted price.
Program Specific Supplemental Application Materials
Special Deadlines for International Applicants
In order to have time to evaluate your international credentials, we may need to receive some of your information early.
- If you use a NACES accredited credential evaluation service you can follow the deadlines listed for your program of interest, provided that leaves enough time for the Visa process in your home country.
- If you are not using an approved credential evaluation service, you must complete your application and send official transcripts by December 15 for spring entry, February 15 for summer entry and May 15 for fall entry.