The Honors College is looking for a Graduate Assistant (GA) for the 2022-2023 academic year with the potential to extend the position to the following year.
- Must be enrolled in a main campus graduate degree program at Appalachian State.
- Must be able to commit around 20 hours per week during the academic year. Hours are flexible among classes and prior commitments.
- Must be able to get creative and familiar with platforms such as Canva or alternatives.
- Comfortable communicating with faculty members across the University.
- Support the AHA! Executive team with the planning and execution of Honors events.
- Represent Honors for incoming and potential students throughout the year.
- Lead student groups such as Peer Mentoring.
- Communicate and collaborate with students on ideas for new support initiatives.
- Complete various administrative tasks needed to support Honors advisors throughout the year.
The Honors GA will have the opportunity to tailor responsibilities to include projects that would supplement their academic studies and support career experience.
To Apply, email Dr. Angela Mead (email@example.com) with the following:
- Provide 3 references
- Submit a resume/CV
- Submit the short response questions below
Short Response Questions in lieu of a cover letter:
- Tell us about yourself, and why you chose your specific grad program at App.
- Why this graduate assistantship?
- What kinds of experiences would you like to take away from this position in the 1-2 years you would be with us?
- Can you tell us about a time you had to lead a group of people to achieve a goal?
- Can you tell us about a time you helped plan an event?
- How do you plan to navigate working 20 hours a week on top of being a graduate student?