Graduate Assistants work one-on-one or in small group settings with student-athletes. These student-athletes may have challenges with adjusting to college and independence, time management, organization, test-taking/study strategies, academic motivation, and other academic difficulties. The role of a Graduate Assistant for Study Hall is to monitor student performance and help students develop study skills and organizational skills.
This position is 10 hours per weeks. Some weekend/weeknight hours are required.
- Facilitate student-athlete success
- Help students use course syllabi, AsULearn, and other resources to understand academic responsibilities
- Developing students' planning strategies through prioritization and organization (i.e., creating weekly to-do lists and study/homework plans)
- Communicate student concerns and/or struggles to academic advisors and learning specialists
- Check and record student grades bi-weekly
- Assist with compiling reports and other administrative duties
- Monitor weekday and evening study halls for student-athletes
- Desire to pursue a career in student-athlete academic support
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Knowledge of academic success skills and strategies
- Knowledge of campus resources