Overview of Position
The Office of Disability Resources (ODR) is the designated office at Appalachian for the promotion of equity, access, and civil rights on the basis of a disability. Consistent with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
of 1973 (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) in addition to other federal, state, and local civil rights laws related to disability, ODR works diligently to provide an inclusive experience and equal opportunity at Appalachian to individuals with disabilities.
Duties include coordination tasks, projects, and assisting with general office administrative responsibilities. Graduate Assistants serve as primary coordinators for the Test Proctoring resource for the use of instructors who are unable to provide the approved testing accommodations in the classroom.
- Serve as a point of contact for individuals and clearly communicate office procedures.
- Utilize a confidential electronic database.
- Assist with tasks such as scheduling, file maintenance, and office projects.
- Engage in student interactions and meetings.
- Assist with coordination aspects of approved accommodations such as notetaking provisions, alternate format, and navigating temporary conditions.
- Coordinate test proctoring which includes: scheduling, proctoring, test security, etc.
- Manage multiple job duties simultaneously.
- Complete tasks with competing deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Available to work at least 4-5 hour continuous shifts on scheduled days
Compensation is $13.33 per hour.
Up to 20 hours per week within the office, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, within the academic semester.
To learn more, visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If applying, please submit a statement of interest/cover letter and resume.