The Appalachian Graduate Student Ambassadors are a select group of outstanding graduate students who represent a range of graduate degree programs on Appalachian’s main campus. The Ambassadors support Graduate School activities by making presentations at recruitment events, leading campus tours of prospective students, participating in open house days and First Fridays, and assisting with Graduate School events such as awards receptions and commencement ceremonies.
The current President of the Graduate Student Association Senate is automatically a Graduate Ambassador. Up to seven (7) other Graduate Student Ambassadors will be selected yearly for two semesters of service. Efforts will be made for representation from all colleges/schools. The Ambassador salary is $25 per hour for approximately 20 hours per term.
With the exception of the GSAS president, Graduate Student Ambassadors will be nominated by their programs and selected by the Graduate School through an interview process in April every year.
Criteria for Graduate Student Ambassadors
- Full-time degree-seeking graduate enrollment on main campus
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for graduate education at ASU
- Nomination by the graduate program director and department chairperson
- Attend Ambassadors Orientation in early August
- Participate in 20 hours of service per semester, including but not limited to:
- Graduate recruiting events (i.e. contact tables, First Fridays)
- Campus tours for prospective graduate students
- Various Graduate School events (i.e. orientation, awards reception)
- Ambassadors planning meetings
Nominations are due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 PM, Friday April 15th, 2016. In your email response, please provide the following information pertaining to the student nominee:
- Student’s first and last name:
- Appalachian email address:
- Contact number: (cell phone preferred)
Questions? Please contact email@example.com