Position: Part-time (10 hrs. per week) Graduate Assistant for the Humanities Council in the College of Arts and Sciences starting January, 2020
Job Duties: the Graduate Assistant will work for the Humanities Council in the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office As part of the duties associated with the Humanities Council the candidate will:
- Meet weekly with the Humanities Council Coordinator to review job assignments
- Assist the Humanities Council Coordinator with the organization, planning, and advertising of Humanities Council events
- Help to maintain a website, Twitter, and Facebook accounts for the Humanities Council
- Attend monthly Humanities Council meetings and take minutes
- Work in the Council's campus office, and
- Communicate effectively about Council activities with people on and off campus, maintaining files and answering the office phone.
Required qualifications: Excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to multi-task, excellent time management skills, the ability to follow directions, strong organizational skills, a strong work ethic, the ability to meet deadlines, the ability to dress and act professionally in an office environment, developed skills with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, experience with editing website content, and experience with poster or promotional layout.
Preferred qualifications (any that pertain): Professional writing (compiling or writing press releases, social media content, etc.), graphics or design-based experience (Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator), familiar with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and experience with Scala digital signage and or the campus web-based format Drupal 7. Understanding of and enthusiasm for the Humanities and its role in public and university life is a plus!
Pay rate is $15 per hour.
Please send a cover letter detailing relevant experience and interest in the position, a resume, and the names and contact information for two references. All applications must be sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the application should be Application for Humanities Council Graduate Assistant. Review of Applications begins Friday, November 15, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.