Full-Time (20 hrs/wk) Graduate Assistant (GA) for the College of Arts and Sciences – Dean's Office in Communication
Job Duties: This position will fulfill duties in support of the College of Arts and Sciences Director of Marketing, Communication and Engagement.
As part of the duties associated with this position, the GA will work on a variety of projects in support of communication and public relations including but not limited to:
- news, feature and event promotion writing
- design/signage (creative cloud suite programs/other)
- research and marketing development
- compiling google announce messages
- website design implementation and updates
- maintaining college social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Guidebook, Youtube)
- Scala digital signage
- errands and event setup/breakdown
- training and professional development
- responsibility in representing the college
- fulfilling other administrative duties
- fill supportive duties in the Deans office as needed
- flexibility - some hours of work may extend beyond the normal 8-5 work day.
Required Qualifications: Excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to multitask, excellent time management skills, the ability to follow directions, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, responsiveness to feedback, a strong work ethic, the ability to meet deadlines, the ability to dress and act professionally in an office environment, developed skills with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, experience with editing website content preferred, but not mandatory and event planning or marketing experience. Enthusiasm to learn new programs and skills, as well as creativity for new initiatives.
Preferred Qualifications (any that pertain): Professional writing (press releases, interviews, social media and use of AP style), graphics or design based experience (Adobe Creative Cloud software or other programs), familiarity and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube). Knowledge of Scala digital signage software, the campus web format Drupal 7 or website design skills. Video production skills a plus.
Pay rate: $15/hr
*Please send a cover letter detailing relevant experience and interest in the position, a resume and the names and contact information for two references. All application materials must be sent as PDF attachments to Ellen Burnette, email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be "Application for Graduate Assistant."
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.