Full time (20 hours/week) Graduate Assistant (GA) for the Academy at Middle Fork Research Cluster. Two positions are available.
Job duties: This position supports the work of faculty and staff engaged in research at the Academy at Middle Fork through the Academy at Middle Fork Research Cluster, or ARC. ARC is a multi-college scholarly endeavor that seeks to understand contextual variables and characteristics that result in positive outcomes at the university’s lab school. A successful graduate assistant will have an opportunity to participate in publications resulting from the work of ARC.
As part of the duties associated with the position, the GA will engage with multiple faculty and staff by:
- Conducting literature reviews
- Organizing resources, data files, and other electronic materials in Google Drive
- Note-taking or transcribing materials from meetings, focus groups, field notes, or similar research artifacts
- Editing documents, emails, or other communications
- Collecting, organizing, or analyzing data in conjunction with faculty members
- Meeting regularly with research faculty
- Collects, organizes, or distributers materials as requested by the researchers
- Performing other duties as requested by the supervisor
Required Qualifications: The applicant must be a currently enrolled graduate student with excellent interpersonal communication skills, time management skills, the ability to efficiently and promptly follow directions, organizational skills, an attention to detail, positive responsiveness to feedback, the ability to meet deadlines, flexibility in multitasking and working with a dynamic team, some basic skills in working with quantitative or qualitative data, demonstrated skills with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and literature databases and searches.
Preferred Qualifications: An interest in educational research, experience with qualitative data analysis software.
Pay rate: $15 per hour