Welcome to Appalachian! You are joining more than 1000 students taking classes in Boone and 800 students taking classes online or at a distance in places throughout northwestern North Carolina. This page lists information regarding getting ready to start your graduate work.
- Orientation to Graduate School Policies (strongly recommended for main campus students - similar materials are covered in off-campus cohort orientations):
- SPRING 2017
NEW GRADUATE STUDENT ORIENTATION
SUNDAY, JANUARY 15
1:00 - 4:00 PM
PLEMMONS STUDENT UNION, PARKWAY BALLROOM, ROOM 420
Check your appstate.edu email for more information coming soon.
Contact Laura Padgett, firstname.lastname@example.org, (828) 262-6178 with questions
- Your Home Department will have a session for on-campus students as well, and you should check with your advisor or department contact for the time and location. Don't know who that is? Contact us! (email@example.com)
Summer and Fall admits: Starting in mid-May, we will send a series of emails to you (meaning accepted applicants who have confirmed their admission with the graduate school). As the orientation emails are sent, they will also be placed on this website.
Spring admits: See below for the "virtual" orientation information. Due to the shortened timeline between admission and the Winter Break, we will not send each of these topics to you as a separate email.
By doing this, we can limit the face-to-face orientation about graduate school to a 90 minute session that addresses graduate student rules and regulations so that new students can focus on getting to know their new home departments in the week before classes start. Please let us know what you think of this approach!
Virtual Orientation Emails...
- Welcome to campus
- Email, Banner IDs, Registration, etc.
- Financial info
- Health Services, insurance and medical history
- Campus resources
- Around Boone
- Information for Off-Campus Students
Not yet familiar with the Graduate School, Appalachian, and Boone? The prospective student page contains many useful links.