Applying to Graduate
Degree-seeking students must apply for graduation (regardless of whether they plan to attend the commencement ceremony). The form is available online, which requires a non-refundable/non-transferrable application fee of $20. Students who do not meet the dates below may experience long delays in receipt of their diplomas or be required to apply for a later term. A late fee of $5 will be assessed on all applications submitted after the deadlines below. Applications submitted after the final deadline will NOT BE ACCEPTED and will be deferred to a later term. Please note that the application for graduation will be closed on the first business day follwing the deadline dates noted below for billing purposes.
Degrees and Certificates
Initial Deadline* for Graduation
FINAL Deadline** for Graduation
|Summer 2017||Last week day of June||July 7th, 2017|
|Fall 2017||Last week day of September||November 15th, 2017|
|Spring 2018||Last week day of February||April 11th, 2018|
|Summer 2018||Last week day of June||July 6th, 2018|
|Fall 2018||Last week day of September||November 14th, 2018|
|Spring 2019||Last week day of February||April 17th, 2019|
|Summer 2019||Last week day of June||July 5th, 2019|
*Last date for which the regular application fee will be charged.
**Last date for which graduation applications will be accepted for graduation for that term.
Thesis / Dissertation Deadlines
- Last day to defend a thesis or dissertation is approximately one month prior to commencment for that term. In summer the end of the "semester" is the end of second summer session. Please note that your department may impose an earlier deadline. ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD, ESPECIALLY IN SUMMER!
- Submission of a defended draft of the thesis or dissertation is due in the Graduate School no later than the dates listed below. In summer the end of the "semester" is the end of second summer session. Your draft will be reviewed by the Graduate School readers, and additional changes may be necessary.
- Completed Theses must be turned in on or before the final Completed Thesis Deadline. LATE submissions will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
DRAFT Deadline (Post Defense)
COMPLETED Thesis* Deadline
July 7th, 2017
August 1st, 2017
November 15th, 2017
December 8th, 2017
April 11th, 2018
May 4th, 2018
July 6th, 2018
July 31st, 2018
November 14th, 2018
December 7th, 2018
April 17th, 2019
May 3rd, 2019
July 5th, 2019
July 3oth, 2019
*A "Completed Thesis" includes the final, edited copy ready for publication; printed copies ready for binding (if applicable); and, binding/shipping payment (if applicable).
Written / Oral Comprehensives and Products of Learning Presentation Deadlines
- The signed paperwork documenting successful completion must be received in the Graduate School at least 1 day before final exams begin in the semester of graduation. In summer, the end of the "semester" is the end of second summer session.
Deadline for Other Requirements
- All other work (classwork, internship, proficiency, etc.) must be completed by the student no later than the official date of graduation for that semester. The official date of graduation will be set each semester by the Registrar, and in general falls within two days of the commencement ceremony. During summer, the official date of graduation is within two days of the last class day.