Housing can be difficult to find in Boone, and Appalachian State does not currently offer any on-campus graduate student housing. Here are some ways graduates have found housing in the past:
- Craigslist: This can be an option, but be careful and make sure to see the housing and the potential landlord in person to make a safe, informed decision.
- Facebook- Students often post housing options and seek roommates through the GSAS Facebook page and the AppState Classifieds page
- Rental Companies in Boone: These pages list includes many of the local companies in Boone.
- It is a good idea to look early, housing goes fast!
- If you are not planning on buying a parking pass, check out the Appalcart routes near your housing options. Appalcart is completely free!
- Consider winter accessibility when you are looking at places. Snow and ice are very real concerns for a large portion of the school year.
Local State Parks/Natural Areas
- WAMY : Watauga Avery Mitchell Yancey counties, econ development
- WYN : Western Youth Network
- Cove Creek Preservation & Development
- High Country Local First
- High Country National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Lettuce Learn : early childhood sustainability/agrcultural ed)
- F.A.R.M. Cafe
- Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture
- High Country Co-operation
- Watauga Arts Council
Mondays: Wing Night at Murphy's, Macado's, and The Rock , $2 drafts at Cafe Portofino's
Tuesdays: $2 drafts at Capone's, Taco Tuesday at Boone Saloon
Wednesdays: $2 beers at Mellow Mushroom, Taco Wednesday at TApp Room, Open Mic Night at Appalachian Mountain Brewery 8-10, Murphy's Bluegrass Jam
Thursdays: Throwback Thursday at The Local, $4 Burger & Beer at Galileo's , Open Mic Night at Noble Kava from 7-10
Fridays: Karaoke at Rivers Street Ale House, Art Crawl 1st Friday of the Month
Saturdays: Healing Arts Yoga @ Turchin Center 10:30am, Home Games
Sundays: Bottomless Mimosas at The Local and Mint Cafe