Our Purpose And Mission
The Graduate Student Association Senate of Appalachian State University is a body of appointed senators representing each department within the Graduate School whose goal and mission is to:
- Empower graduate students to express their concern for the welfare of the graduate students enrolled in the University.
- Provide graduate students the opportunity to develop and disseminate ideas for the improvement of graduate education.
- Enable graduate students to contribute to the formation of relevant University Policy.
- Support graduate students in the conceptualization of new opportunities for funding initiatives that will improve overall performance in graduate studies.
- Grant graduate students opportunities to engage in social and collegiate activities that will strengthen the Appalachian State University experience and identity.