GSAS Research Presentation Travel Grants
Who is Eligible?
- All currently enrolled Appalachian graduate students in good academic standing whose research has been submitted AND accepted for presentation at a professional conference and will advance the University's research mission.
How Much is the Grant?
- Up to 500.00 (depending on the funds currently available)
How can the Money be Used and What is the Process?
- The grant can only be used to defray the cost of travel to present results of research or creative performance at a professional conference in respective field.
- All applicants must submit a compete Application Packet (see below) and then upon award all travel transactions must be processed via University Travel Authorization/Reimbursement forms and policies. Payments to/on behalf of Students form must accompany the Unversity Travel Authorization/Reimbursement form.
What are the Application Deadlines?
- Fall - Friday September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm and Friday November 2, 2018 at 5:00 pm
- Spring – To Be Announced Later
Important Items to Note: In order to apply for this grant, your program/department must have a GSAS senator.
How Do I Apply?
Each complete Application Packet MUST include:
- GSAS Grant Faculty Recommendation Form (PDF) - Your faculty mentor (the faculty member who has mentored your research) must complete this form, sign it and mail to address below.
- GSAS Grant Signature Page (PDF) - You must obtain and submit this page that includes three required signatures: Faculty Mentor, GSAS Senator and Graduate Program Director. Please make sure to start this process early to insure that all signatures can be obtained prior to the deadline date - we cannot accept late forms.
- Submit the GSGA Presentation Travel Grant Application Form
All application items should be sent to:
Attn: GSAS Application
Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies
232 John Thomas Hall, ASU Box 32068
Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608
You must read and follow the GSAS Grant Guidelines. If you do not follow these guidelines, you will NOT receive funding.
Please note that the University cannot fund travel of any kind to countries or areas where there are safety warnings or sanctions in place. If you are traveling internationally, please see the Alerts and Warnings page. If you have questions about this information please contact the Office of International Education and Development at 262-2046.
- A University Travel Authorization form (available from your Faculty Advisor and/or Department Administrative personnel) must be completed with all appropriate signatures and all funding sources and submitted to the School of Graduate Studies PRIOR to travel. Travel reimbursements will not be issued without an appropriate Authorization.
- The Request for Reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days of return.
- Original travel receipts for airfare and lodging are required for reimbursement. There are no receipts required for mileage or meals. Current per diem amounts per the University Controller’s Office will be used. Click here for more information>>>>http://controller.appstate.edu/travel