GSAS Research Materials Grant
Who is Eligible?
- All currently enrolled Appalachian graduate students in good academic standing
How Much is the Grant?
- Up to 500.00 (depending on the resources currently available)
How can the Money be Used?
- No travel expenses may be claimed on a GSAS Research Materials Grant application. Projects must further the University's research mission.
What are the Application Deadlines?
- Fall - Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:00 pm (and Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 5:00 pm if funds remain available for the semester)
- Spring - Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm (and Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 5:00 pm if funds remain available for the semester).
Important Item to Note: In order to apply for this grant, your program/department must have a GSAS senator.
How Do I Apply?
Each complete Application Packet MUST include:
- GSAS Grant Faculty Recommendation Form (PDF) - Your faculty mentor (the faculty member who has mentored your research) must complete this form, sign it and mail to address below. Note: Mentor must certify that the research materials will reside on campus and are University property.
- GSAS Grant Signature Page (PDF) - You must obtain and submit this page that includes three required signatures: Faculty Mentor, GSAS Senator and Graduate Program Director. Please make sure to start this process early to insure that all signatures can be obtained prior to the deadline date - we cannot accept late forms.
- GSAS Grant Statement of Impact and Budget Justification (PDF) - You must compose, sign, and submit a Statement of Impact describing how the money awarded will affect the University's research mission, your academic progress and/or your research goals and provide a Budget Justification i.e. a list of items with pricing requested for research purposes.
- Submit the GSAS Online Research Materials Grant Application Form.
You must read and follow the GSAS Grant Guidelines. If you do not follow these guidelines, you will NOT receive funding.
All Application items should be sent to:
Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies
Attn: GSAS Application
232 John Thomas Hall, ASU Box 32068
Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608
- Should you receive a GSAS Research Materials Grant, you must make an appointment with the School of Graduate Studies to purchase your supplies – walk-ins will not accepted.
- An order form will be emailed to you should you receive an award. That form must be completed and brought to your appointment with the School of Graduate Studies to process your award.
- All purchasing will be done by the School of Graduate Studies - not purchased by the awardee and then reimbursed.