Students in the Graduate School are enrolled in graduate certificates and degrees housed in 38 units organized into six colleges and schools.
- College of Arts and Sciences administers the following departments offering graduate courses and/or programs:
Anthropology; Appalachian Studies; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Cultural, Gender and Global Studies; English; Geography and Planning; Geology; Government and Justice Studies; History; Languages, Literatures, and Cultures; Mathematical Sciences; Philosophy and Religion; Physics and Astronomy; Psychology; Sociology
- College of Fine and Applied Arts administers the following departments offering graduate courses and/or programs:
Communication; Sustainable Development; Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment; Theatre and Dance
- Beaver College of Health Sciences administers the following departments offering graduate courses and/or programs:
Communication Sciences and Disorders; Health and Exercise Science; Nursing; Nutrition and Health Care Management; Recreation Management and Physical Education; Social Work
- Hayes School of Music administers all graduate courses and programs in Music and Music Therapy.
- Reich College of Education administers the doctoral program in educational leadership and the following departments offering master's and specialist programs:
Curriculum and Instruction; Educational Leadership; Family and Child Studies; Human Development and Psychological Counseling; Leadership and Educational Studies; Reading Education and Special Education
- Walker College of Business administers the Master of Science in Accounting, the Master of Business Administration, and the following departments offering graduate courses:
Accounting; Computer Information Systems and Supply Chain Management; Economics; Finance, Banking and Insurance; Management; Marketing